What is VelaShape III?
VelaShape III is a safe and reliable device that is used for medical and aesthetic purposes *. It combines ELOS technology (electro-optical synergy - a combination of infrared light and bipolar radio frequency waves) with mechanical manipulations on the skin using soft vacuum.
Before the start of the procedure, a special cream with milk, caffeine, aloe and vitamins is applied to the areas of treatment, then the skin is heated due to infrared and radio frequency radiation, subcutaneous fat is “pushed down” and the dermis is smoothed. The mechanical action with the vacuum effect improves blood circulation, promotes the release of lymph and activates the metabolic breakdown of fat from fat cells.
“The usual temperature for the procedure is 43-47 degrees Celsius. The patient feels the warmth, but without any discomfort. The device has a sensor that monitors the temperature in order to avoid burns and discomfort. The effect of the vacuum is very light, leaving almost no trace,” says certified dermatologist Ekaterina Vedenina.
For whom is the VelaShape III device intended?
The main purpose of the VelaShape III procedure is cellulite treatment and volume reduction. The VelaShape III system provides a temporary reduction in volume of the abdomen and hips. For therapeutic purposes, the device is used to alleviate minor pains and muscle spasms, as well as to improve local blood circulation. In fact, this is a non-invasive correction of body contours. “The procedure is suited to skinnier women as well, if they have loose skin and want to tighten it,” explains Ekaterina Vedenina.
What are the features of the device?
The system consists of three main modules: the hull, two applicators and a touch control panel. The large applicators are used to adjust the volume of larger areas such as the abdomen, hips and buttocks, and mid-sized areas such as the sides of the abdomen. The same applicator helps to get rid of the excess skin under the knees and the “hanging ears” in the breast area. The smaller applicator is used to work with double chin, to remove sagging skin. “We take measurements before and after. And sometimes the effect is visible after the first procedure. But it is advisable to do eight procedures in a row, one per week. Of course, not forgetting about nutrition, fitness and drinking regimen,” explains doctor Ekaterina Vedenina.
What do cellulite and a mattress have in common?
Fat cells are located in chambers that are separated by vertical and horizontal septa of the connective tissue. Partitions are attached with rigid fibers, which, fortunately, do not stretch with the skin as the volume inside the walls of the chambers increases. This gives hope that fat cells can once be returned to normal. When the fat chamber is too stretched due to enlarged fat cells and accumulates intercellular fluid, it extends beyond the length of the vertical partitions, raises the skin surface and as a result leads to the appearance of depressions and wrinkles on the skin surface. As a result, the cellulite both visually and by touch becomes like a mattress.
The principle of VelaShape III is that during heating, the fat, along with the stagnant lymph, leaves the fat cells, and due to the improved blood circulation, the diffusivity of oxygen increases. This further increases the metabolic breakdown of fat in fat cells (lipolysis), thereby rapidly reducing the size of fat cells. Along with fat, sagging skin disappears, which is largely caused by stretched fat cells protruding above the fixed partitions of the connective tissue.
Both reducing the size of fat cells and removing excess fluid into the lymphatic system, are accompanied by shrinkage of the connective tissue and contribute to a decrease in the size of fat chambers. Cellulite is less noticeable, the body volume in the treatment zone is reduced.
Important: since fat cells simply change volume, no voids are created, the skin does not become loose. “Already during the first procedure, one can feel how the skin is smoothed,” notes Ekaterina Vedenina.
Each zone is manipulated for 15-20 minutes. Several zones can be treated at once. The cream applied before the procedure does not need to be washed off, it also works after the VelaShape III procedure. The best case scenario would be to drink a lot of water, exercise or go for a run on the day of the procedure.
Attention! Manipulations can only be carried out by specially trained, qualified specialists.
- Improving the appearance of places where there is cellulite, but not necessarily guaranteeing its complete disappearance. Volume reduction.
- The number of VelaShape III sessions required depends on the patient and on the clinical and physiological condition at the start of treatment. Some patients respond better than others.
- The treatment results are temporary, so it is necessary to conduct a maintenance course every 2-3 months.
- A healthy lifestyle (diet and exercise) will help to achieve better results, but is not obligatory.
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator.
- Surface metal or other implants in the treatment area.
- Skin cancer or history of skin cancer, or the current condition of any other type of cancer, or pre-malignant moles.
- Any history of cancer.
- Severe concomitant illnesses such as heart disease.
- Pregnancy and lactation, as well as in the 4-5-month period after natural birth, or at least 6 months after cesarean section, or until normal hormonal balance is restored.
- Immune system impairment due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or the use of immunosuppressive drugs.
- Diseases that can progress from light at used wavelengths.
- Patients with a history of heat-related illnesses, such as recurrent herpes in the treatment area, can only be treated after a preventative regimen.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders such as diabetes.
- Any active processes such as ulcers, psoriasis, eczema, and rash.
- Skin diseases, keloid scars, abnormal wound healing, and very dry and cracking skin.
- Coagulopathies or the use of anticoagulants.
- Use of medicines, herbal supplements, food supplements, and vitamins that are known to cause photosensitivity when exposed to light at applicable wavelengths, such as isotretinoin (Roaccutane) in the past 6 months, tetracyclines or St. John's wort in the past 2 weeks.
- Any surgical procedure in the zone of treatment within the last 3 months or until complete healing.
- Tattoos or permanent makeup on the zone of treatment.
- An area with varicose veins.
- On the recommendation of a specialist, refrain from the procedure in any conditions that may be dangerous to the patient.
Possible side effects
Some side effects may occur during treatment or shortly after it, but are extremely rare and are temporary.
Side effects that may appear in the treatment area:
- Excessive redness of the skin (erythema)
- Damage to the natural texture of the skin (scratches, peels, blisters, burns)
How to prepare for the procedure
- Exfoliate the skin. Come to the procedure with clean, dry skin (without perfume, without lotion).
- Remove excess hair from the body in advance - they may interfere with the procedure
- Inform your doctor about taking anticoagulants in advance. Anticoagulants increase the possibility of bruising.
The VelaShape III procedure can be combined with the acoustic wave procedure - lymphatic drainage. Thus, we first activate our excretory lymphatic paths, and then remove the toxins.
* This is one of the few devices that has been approved by the FDA - the United States Food and Drug Administration.